15 March 2015

Sandra Vieira/Yamini begins teaching yoga at Dili Wellness.
Beginning on Monday 16 March Sandra’s classes will be at the following times:
-Mondays 9:00-10:30am,
-Tuesdays 6:00-7:30pm (*please note the new time),
-Wednesdays 9:00-10:30am,
-Thursdays 6:00-7:30pm (*please note the new time)
Through March 2015 these classes remain $10usd per class, drop-in.
*Beginning on April 1st, 2015 the new yoga class costs will be as follows:
-$15/class drop-in
-$45/month for 1 class per week, paid in advance (at the first class of each month)
-$90/month for 2 classes per week, paid in advance (at the first class of each month)
-$135/month for 3 classes per week, paid in advance (at the first class of each month)
-$180/month for 4 classes per week, paid in advance (at the first class of each month)
From Sandra/Yamini:
"My first professional experience with Yoga was, interestingly, in 2000, in East Timor, with my friend Hector! Life is funny…at the time I was working in various projects in Timor and I began, by chance, to give aerobic classes to a group that kept growing every week. As I worked with Hector in one of my projects, sometimes, after my fast aerobic classes Hector use to come and give me some yoga classes. This started me on yoga. But it was not always an easy path…
It was from 2005 that Yoga began to be an integral part of my life, after many experiences with Reiki, Tantra, Contact Impro, Chamanism, Kundalini, Women Circles and others. It was also at this time that I completed a diploma as an International Active Meditation trainer and therapist, with Instituto Bioperson in Spain. Since then I began to practice Hatha Yoga regularly and, as my training and experience grew I felt the need to deepen my knowledge of Hatha Yoga. I completed my training as a Therapeutic and Ayurveda Yoga Instructor, with a diploma certified by the World Yoga Alliance, the European Yoga Federation, and the World Yoga and Ayurveda Community. Apart from this training, at the APYTA centre in Madrid, I completed specialized training as an instructor of Yoga for Kids at the Yoga Centre Madre Tierra in San Lorenzo del Escorial, with a certificate awarded by the AEPYN under the teaching line of Swami Sivananda. I find yoga to be a never-ending path of learning and experiencing which goes way beyond any theory. And in this process, which continues, I developed a passion for yoga that I want to share with more and more people.
Hatha Yoga is the most widely practiced form of yoga in the world. Hatha Yoga uses asanas (physical postures) and conscious breathing (pranayama) in combination with mental focus to develop awareness, mental clarity, strength , flexibility, and relaxation. Through proper alignment and mindful actions of the body, Hatha Yoga brings balance and a sense of well-being to the practitioner.
Some of the Benefits of Hatha Yoga include:
o Builds strength
o Increases flexibility and muscle tone
o Brings focus to the mind
o Encourages physical and mental balance
o Develops proper body alignment
o Reduces stress
o Encourages a sense of calm and peace
o Increases lung capacity for better breathing
Yoga is beneficial for everyone, no matter what your fitness level, your state of mind, your experience or the level you want to reach. It is a process that begins slowly but steadily and very soon finds a special place in your heart and your life, becoming a part of you forever.
In my class students can expect to develop body awareness and explore varied postures in a mixed-level environment. More than an instructor I see myself as a guide who simply helps those who seek their true essence and who wish to live a life in harmony with their body and mind. Everyone has this ability inside themselves and all I help is to awaken those sensations and experiences.
Yoga has taught me that everything is possible….even if not today, one day it will be. Namasté.
Sandra Vieira/Yamini (in Sanscrit)"

1 comment:

Cris Mic said...

Well I agree that with yoga everything is possible. Learning yoga at Thousand Oaks Yoga was really a great experience for me. I never thought that one day I can do yoga in so better way. I will follow my same routine to keep myself healthy.